MEDICARE RESOURCES THROUGH CHOICES
The CT CHOICES programs, an umbrella for three core AAA services (Medicare, Related Insurance Counseling, Information & Referral and Benefit Eligibility Screening), provides free, objective, high-quality, and confidential information, counseling and assistance to older adults and persons with disabilities enabling them to understand and exercise their rights, access and receive benefits to which they are entitled, and make more informed decisions about quality of life issues.
CHOICES is also an excellent resource for individuals who are “New to Medicare”, for example, just turning 65 years old or eligible for Medicare because of a qualifying illness or disability. Trained CHOICES staff can help consumers navigate life’s stages while reducing the stress and confusion.
One of the critical pieces for successful aging is knowing how to access aging resources, programs and services if and when you need them. The Benefits CheckUp program (Senior Benefits: Find Help Paying for Everyday Needs | BenefitsCheckUp) is a fast and easy way to determine eligibility for public and private programs and services to keep people independent and in the community for as long as possible. Let the NCAAA staff work with you on a Benefit CheckUp questionnaire (CLICK HERE) and receive information specifically tailored to meet an individual’s aging resource needs.
In addition to our staff at the NCAAA, CHOICES relies upon over 100 trained and certified CHOICES Counselors and Volunteers throughout our 38 towns. Counselors are available to meet with seniors, other Medicare beneficiaries, or their families at a variety of venues such as senior centers or libraries throughout the region. Counselors do not sell insurance.
New CHOICES counselors and volunteers are always welcome. For more information regarding becoming a CHOICES Counselor please contact us at the NCAAA.
CHOICES is currently accepting new Team Member applicants. For the upcoming June CHOICES training, applications are due by May 10th, 2022. Please complete the 2022 CHOICES New Team Member Application and send to email@example.com
Effective April 12th, 2022, the Public Health Emergency has been extended.
What does this mean for consumers?
Anyone with MEC – MSP/Medicare would not be extended on their Husky C or Husky D. If only on MSP or only on HC or HD, they would get extended.
However, they can go between MSP groups even if to a lesser tier during the PHE, CMS considers any MSP with Medicare – MEC.
- CHOICES Counselor Locations
- 2021 Benefits Quick Guide – August 2021
- 2021 Benefits Quick Guide & Supplemental Accessible Version – August 2021
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-English Page 1 of 2.pdf
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-English Page 2 of 2.pdf
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-Spanish Page 1 of 2.pdf
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-Spanish Page 2 of 2.pdf
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-French Page 1 of 2.pdf
- CHOICES-MediGap-Rate-and-Benefit-Chart-112221-French Page 2 of 2.pdf
- Medicare Part D Screening Form – English Fillable
- Medicare Part D Screening Form – Spanish Fillable