NCAAA is here for Connecticut’s older adults and individuals with disabilities of today and tomorrow.
Did you know…
- Connecticut is the 7th Oldest State in the nation and we climb to 3rd in the nation in the number of folks 85+
- Connecticut is home to one million Baby Boomers: Nearly One-Third of Connecticut’s Total Population
- And over 600,000 People Age 60 or Older
- The Number of People 85 and Older Will Increase Threefold by 2040
- By 2030: The number of people needing Long Term Care will increase 61% for people 85+; 51% for those 75 to 84; and 53% for people 60 to 74!
AGING & DISABILITY RESOURCES, REFERRALS COUNSELING AND ASSISTANCE
Connecticut has much to offer older adults, individuals with disabilities, and their caregivers. The key to accessing these services is simply to find them. Let the CHOICES program be your one-stop-shop for information, referrals, and assistance on all your aging issues.
In addition to special training in Information & Referral, NCAAA also has staff trained in Long Term Support Options Counseling, also known as Community Choices. Long term care is not just about nursing homes. Almost everyone’s needs change as they get older, and most people will need some type of help along the way. That may involve deciding to downsize your home, suddenly finding yourself in need of help with shopping or cleaning your home, or trying to decide if you really can stay in your home. Community Choices can help make your goals for the long-term a reality. For more, please see Community Choices.
If you are caring for a loved one at home and are seeking information referrals, please visit our Home Care page.
NAVIGATING BENEFITS ELIGIBILITY
One of the critical pieces for successful aging is knowing how to access aging resources, programs and services if and when you need them. The Benefits CheckUp program is a fast and easy way to determine your eligibility for public and private programs and services to keep you in the community for as long as possible. Let the CHOICES Information Specialists at NCAAA work with you on a Benefits CheckUp questionnaire and receive information specifically tailored to meet your aging resource needs.
Determine what programs you might be eligible for.